From ITS Support
Information Technology Systems
Current System Issues, Updates and Tips
If your course does not show up on your portal page, there is a work around in place that will allow you to access your course.
Students: Go to my.gcu.edu, Click on Student Portal, Login using gcuguest01 for both the username and password, Click on the ANGEL Walk to Class Demo, Log out of ANGEL and log back in using your ANGEL login information
Faculty: Go to my.gcu.edu, Click on Faculty Portal, Click on Faculty Portal login link, Login using email@example.com for the username and Canyon01 for the password, Click on the ANGEL Walk to Class Demo, Log out of ANGEL and log back in using your username and password
If you receive a blank page when trying to access the Student Portal from MyGCU, please perform the following steps:
1. In Internet Explorer, exit all GCU web sites, select tools, Internet Options, and clear browsing history.
2. In Firefox, exit all GCU web sites, select tools, clear recent history and ensure the time range is set to everything. Select cache, cookies, active logins, and authenticated sessions. After selecting the appropriate options, select clear now.
3. To reach your Portal quickly, go to myportal.gcu.edu.
Please check our Tweets (twitter.com/gcutechsupport)and this page for updates.
You can find updates and more on GCU's new Facebook page - check it out! http://bit.ly/dsuqVc
New to using Turnitin? Check out our tutorials for Turnitin!
Video: Click Here
Text: Click Here
eBook Tips: Adobe 8.1 isn’t as compatible as Adobe 9.3. We recommend always updating to the latest version at Adobe.com. Once you have the latest version, you'll need to change two settings:
Eliminate ANGEL 7.4 Classroom Posting Problems By Ensuring You Have the Best Browser
2. Go to Security (Enhanced) and uncheck Enable box.
Students and faculty members using Internet Explorer 6 to access their courses in ANGEL 7.4 will experience issues displaying information correctly in your discussion forums as well as other features. You need to download Internet Explorer 7, or Mozilla Firefox 3. You may find install links at the Help@MyGCU website and instructions here...
Click here to download a free Microsoft Word 2007 compatibility pack.
First-time eBook downloads can require adjustments to your computer. You may view the eBook Video Tutorial located in the Canyon Connect folder for guided instructions. Or, use these steps:
For the best ANGEL experience, regularly clearing your browsing history is important. Click here for How-Tos
- If you don’t have Mozilla Firefox and would like to assess its performance with ANGEL, please visit http://vault.gcu.edu/firefox.html and download the Windows or Macintosh version.
Updated: Saturday, November 28, 2009 @ 10:56a.m.PST (List based on calls from previous day)
1. Students and faculty are unable to view content in their ANGEL course(s). – Resolved or escalated in one phone call to Technical Support.
2. Students and faculty are unable to view their ANGEL course(s). – Resolved or escalated in one phone call to Technical Support.
3. Students and faculty require assistance logging into the GCU Library. – Resolved in one phone call to Technical Support.
4. Students and faculty forgot their MyGCU password, or their existing password will not work. – Technical Support directs students to Accounts@GCU.
5. Students and faculty forgot their WebAdvisor password, or their password expired. – Technical Support directs students to Accounts@GCU.
Chat with Technical Support:
- Students and Faculty can report any issues by:
Staff can request help by:
- calling ext. 639-7700
- submitting an online request through Service Desk by using the following link http://sd.gcu.edu
Technical Support is excited to offer our live chat service to students and faculty. Chat with a Technical Support Representative by clicking the “Contact Technical Support” button located on the Technical Support page of MyGCU during office hours.
Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (MST Time)
Saturday - Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. (MST Time)
Click the Who's Who link to meet your Technical Support Team!